No worries, this can happen, but it’s fixable. Follow these steps to help clear up cloudy water.
- Maintain a 24-hour circulation of the pool water until clarity returns.
- Make sure your pH is in the proper range of 7.2-7.8.
- Shock the water following the shock treatment instructions.
Ways to prevent cloudy water in the future:
- Maintain the proper pH range of 7.2-7.8 at all times.
- Make sure to replace your chlorine pac when empty so you always maintain 0.5-1.0 ppm of chlorine.
- Check your pump, skimmer or filter for blockages and clean or backwash the filter regularly.
- Try to keep organic matter like leaves and bugs out of the pool.
- Always shock after higher than usual usage or heavy rains.
- Consider increasing your pump run time if cloudy water happens often.
- Consider shocking the pool more frequently if cloudy water happens often.
FROG® products are designed to make water care easier and water Cleaner, Clearer, and Softer®. We know challenges can occur from time to time. The FROG website and the FROG water care app both have a handy troubleshooting tool called “Diagnose a Problem.”
Once you go to the webpage or open it on the app, click through the questions and you’ll find steps to help resolve the issue. Both the website and the app are available 24/7! Of course, you can always ask your dealer – they will have many helpful suggestions. And you can always call customer service at 1-800-222-0169, we’re here to help!