Here are 6 easy steps to open your pool using FROG Pool Tender:
1. Balancing the water is always step one. Click Here for a helpful infographic for getting your Hardness, Total Alkalinity and pH in the ideal ranges.
2. Have a dealer check your stabilizer (or Cyanuric Acid) level, this helps keep the sun from burning off your chlorine. The FROG Pool Tender Chlorine Chamber™ has Cyanuric Acid in it so for some pools that is enough but always check with your dealer before starting the season.
3. Shock the pool with a chlorine shock.
This rids the water of all contaminants and establishes an initial chlorine level in the pool. That’s important as it helps you easily dial in the right setting on your FROG Pool Tender System to maintain the low 0.5 to 1.0 chlorine level.
4. Insert your new FROG Pool Tender Mineral Chamber™.
This kills bacteria for 6 months or one pool season, whichever is shorter.
5. Then insert FROG Pool Tender Algaecide™ that uniquely and evenly dispenses through the FROG Pool Tender System in 90 minutes and provides 90 days of algae protection – guaranteed.
6. Lastly, insert your first Chlorine Chamber and set the dial according to the chart in your manual.
Don’t have a manual? Click here. Getting the right dial setting is important to experiencing the true benefits of Fresh Mineral water®∞. Your Chlorine Chambe will last between 1 and 3 weeks depending on the size of the pool, circulation time, how much use the pool gets and weather.
∞ For pools and hot tubs.