If you’re using FROG® @ease® in your spa and it has cloudy water, take these steps:
- Use a FROG @ease Test Strip to test the water, log your readings into the FROG water care app for quick help.
- If the SmartChlor® pad on the test strip is lighter than the reference color on the bottle, check the SmartChlor cartridge; lift it out of the water, allow the water to drain out of the cartridge, shake gently to hear if any SmartChlor is inside. If the cartridge is empty, replace it. If it’s not empty, increase the dial one setting, set back into the water.
- It is important to check and adjust pH and Alkalinity because they can affect sanitizer effectiveness.
- Shock with a non-chlorine shock like FROG Maintain™ (note that for @ease non-chlorine shock will be more effective than dichlor shock in clearing cloudy water). Look for this in your dealer’s store in early July.
If you’re using FROG Serene® in your spa and it has cloudy water, take these steps:
- Use a FROG Test Strip to ensure your water is properly balanced..
- Make sure your filter cartridges are cleaned.
- Shock with a non-chlorine shock like FROG Maintain (note that for Serene non-chlorine shock will be more effective than dichlor shock in clearing cloudy water). Look for this in your dealer’s store in early July.
- Using clarifiers can also help if the cloudy water is from detergents rather than bacteria.
FROG products are designed to make water care easier and water Cleaner, Clearer, and Softer®. We know challenges can occur from time to time. The FROG website and the FROG water care app both have a handy troubleshooting tool called “Diagnose a Problem.”
Once you go to the webpage or open it on the app, click through the questions and you’ll find steps to help resolve the issue. Both the website and the app are available 24/7! Of course, you can always ask your dealer – they will have many helpful suggestions. And you can always call customer service at 1-800-222-0169, we’re here to help!