How long should the SmartChlor Cartridge Last?
The amount of time a SmartChlor Cartridge will last is based on 3 things:
- The SmartChlor Cartridge dial setting, which is based on the number of gallons a hot tub holds:
- The SmartChlor Cartridge is one size.
- Whatever sanitizer you use, you’ll need more to sanitize more water, and less to sanitize less water.
- Larger hot tubs require a higher SmartChlor Cartridge dial setting, which allows the SmartChlor to dissolve faster to sanitize larger hot tubs.
- The number of people who use the hot tub:
- The more a hot tub is used, the more sanitization is needed.
- If your hot tub is used frequently, you may need to turn the SmartChlor Cartridge dial up to sanitize your hot tub. This will cause the SmartChlor Cartridge to run out faster.
- Filtration of water per day:
- The more often the water is circulated the faster the SmartChlor dissolves.
- If your hot tub has frequent filtration, you may want to turn down the SmartChlor Cartridge dial to slow down how fast the SmartChlor dissolves.
What is the average life for a SmartChlor Cartridge?
- The recommended dial setting for the SmartChlor Cartridge is based on gallons and assumes 2 people using the hot tub 2-3 times per week, with a filtration of about 4 hours per day.
- For a 400-gallon hot tub under those conditions, the SmartChlor Cartridge should last about 3-4 weeks. Larger hot tubs, more frequent use, more people using the hot tub or more filtration time require a higher dial setting and will use up the SmartChlor Cartridge faster.
How can I get the longest life possible from my SmartChlor Cartridge?
- The following guidelines should help lessen the demand on the SmartChlor and help it last longer:
- Always keep your hot tub water balanced. Click here for our easy water balance guide
- Always shower before using the hot tub
- Only rinse swimsuits, don’t use detergent – if you do, rinse extra thoroughly
- Keep hair out of the water
- Keep contaminants, from food to beverages, leaves or debris out of the hot tub
- If the hot tub is used more often, shock more often with a non-chlorine shock like FROG Maintain™
- If you use your hot tub less frequently or follow these guidelines, you may be able to turn the SmartChlor Cartridge dial setting down but REGULARLY check the SmartChlor Out Indicator on the FROG® @ease® Test Strips to ensure you have enough SmartChlor in the water to sanitize the water properly.
SHARE A COMMENT