Start-Up Tips for an Above Ground Pool with POOL FROG®
Here are 6 easy steps to opening your pool using POOL FROG.
1. Balancing the water is always step one.Click Here for a helpful infographic for getting your Hardness, Total Alkalinity and pH in the ideal ranges.
2. Have a dealer check your stabilizer (or cyanuric acid) level.
This helps keep the sun from burning off your chlorine. The FROG chlorine Bac Pac has cyanuric acid in it so for some pools that is enough but always check with your dealer before starting the season.
3. Shock the pool with a chlorine shock.
This rids the water of all contaminants and establishes an initial chlorine level in the pool. That’s important as it helps you easily dial in the right setting on your FROG System to maintain the low 0.5 to 1.0 chlorine level.
4. Insert your new POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir.
This kills bacteria for 6 months or one pool season whichever is shorter.
5. Then insert FROG BAM Algae Preventative that uniquely and evenly dispenses through the POOL FROG System in 90 minutes and provides 90 days of algae protection – guaranteed.
6. Lastly – insert your first POOL FROG Bac Pac and set the dial according to the chart in your manual.
Don’t have a manual? Click here. Getting the right dial setting is important to experiencing the true benefits of Fresh Mineral water. Your Bac Pacs will last between 1 and 3 weeks depending on the size of the pool, circulation time, how much use the pool gets and weather.
FROG Products has launched a free app to further improve your FROG Water Care experience! Now you can test your water, troubleshoot issues and find your local dealer all in the same spot.
Find a Dealer
FROG products can be purchased from local dealers in your area. Over the past 20 years, we have built a strong nation-wide network of dealers that carry our products and can service your needs. For this reason we do not sell our products on-line or directly to the pool or spa owner.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.