Here are 5 easy steps to opening your pool using Flippin’ FROG
1. Balancing the water is always step one. Click Here for a helpful infographic for getting your Hardness, Total Alkalinity and pH in the ideal ranges.
2. Have a dealer check your stabilizer (or cyanuric acid) level.
This helps keep the sun from burning off your chlorine. The Flippin’ FROG chlorine cartridge has cyanuric acid in it so for some pools that is enough but always check with your dealer before starting the season.
3. Shock the pool with a chlorine shock.
This rids the water of all contaminants and establishes an initial chlorine level in the pool. That’s important as it helps you easily dial in the right setting on your FROG System to maintain the low 0.5 to 1.0 chlorine level.
4. Start with a fresh Flippin’ FROG or Flippin’ FROG XL System and connect the two cartridges.
Then set the dial according to the chart in your manual. Don’t have a manual? Click here, https://www.kingtechnology.com/knowledge-center/manuals-diagrams/. Getting the right dial setting is important to experiencing the true benefits of Fresh Mineral water. Your chlorine cartridges will last 3-4 weeks depending on the size of the pool, circulation time, how much use the pool gets and weather.
5. Place in the pool or tether to the side until it flips over. Then replace the chlorine cartridge.